Welcome to Padra, a vibrant town located in the Vadodara district of the Indian state of Gujarat. With its rich industrial heritage, verdant agricultural landscape, and cultural treasures, Padra is a destination that caters to all types of travelers. Whether you’re seeking to explore the region’s thriving business sector, taste the freshest produce, or immerse yourself in the local way of life, Padra is sure to captivate your senses.

Padra is situated approximately 16 kilometers from the bustling city of Vadodara, which makes it easily accessible by road. The town is located at an average elevation of 79 meters above sea level and is positioned at 22.23°N 73.08°E / 22.23; 73.08.

Home to a population of 35,922 people as per the 2001 Indian census, Padra is a melting pot of cultures. Males constitute 52% of the population, while females make up the remaining 48%. The town boasts an average literacy rate of 77%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy stands at 81%, while female literacy is at 72%. In Padra, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.

Padra owes much of its prosperity to its status as one of the most industrialized towns in the Vadodara district. There are many renowned industrial groups that have invested in Padra-Jambusar State Highway, including Philips Industries Limited, Crompton Grieves, Sun Pharma, Finolex, Bodal Chemical, and others. The town is home to numerous chemicals, pharmaceuticals, glass, and electronics industries, with the Indian pharmaceutical company Cadila Healthcare operating a plant to make active pharmaceutical ingredients at Dabhasa within Padra taluka. Rubamin Laboratories is another research-based manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals that has a plant located at Dabhasa (Padra). Metrochem Industries is a large-scale manufacturer and exporter of dyestuff and dye intermediates situated at village Umraya. Kampun Industries, located at Narsipura, is renowned for its production of different types of PE/EVA foam products. The company’s corporate office is located in Vapi. Madhav Agro Foods, a twice National award winner for quality and consumer satisfaction, is a medium-scale agri-processing firm also located in Dabhasa on Padra-Jambusar Highway. It is engaged in the manufacture and export of ethnic Gujarati and Indian food products to the USA, UK, and Australia.

Apart from its thriving business sector, Padra is also famous for its vegetable farming. The town’s green and fresh vegetables reach Mumbai, Surat, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, and many other cities in India. Additionally, Padra is a well-known producer of Toor Dal, a type of lentil that is rich in protein and a part of everyday Gujarati food. The town is also known for producing cotton and tobacco. Padra is famous for manufacturing traditional gold and silver jewelry, mainly handcrafted, and for its cheap and good quality leather footwear.

In terms of transportation, Padra is well-connected through State Highways from Vadodara to Jambusar, Bharuch, and Karjan. The town has a state Transport Bus Stop, and private cabs and buses are available to move from one place to another. Furthermore, the main railway junction, Vadodara Railway station, is only 15 km away from Padra Bus Stop, while the Vadodara International Airport is about 20 km away. Padra is also connected to Pratapnagar (Vadodara) and Jambusar by Pratapnagar-Jambusar Narrow Gauge Railway Line, with two pairs of trains arriving and departing throughout the day.

Padra is one of 182 constituencies in Gujarats state legislature, the Gujarat Assembly. The seat was won in the 2017 elections by Jaspalsinh Padhiyar of the Congress Party with 80% of the vote. Padra is a sub-district, i.e. Taluka (Tehsil) Place, and there are approximately 83 villages lying under this Sub.District.

In conclusion, Padra is a gem of a town that offers a unique blend of industrial prowess and agricultural abundance. Its friendly people, rich culture, and sumptuous cuisine are sure to leave a lasting impression on any traveler who visits this enchanting destination.

You might also enjoy:

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *