Welcome to LaGrange, Georgia, a historic city located in the west-central part of the state. With a population of just over 30,000, LaGrange offers a small-town feel while still providing plenty of things to see and do. Founded in the early 1800s, LaGrange is steeped in history, with numerous buildings and landmarks that have been preserved for generations to come. Here are just a few of the must-see attractions in LaGrange:
1. Hills & Dales Estate: This stunning home, built in the Italian Renaissance style, was once the residence of the Callaway family. Today, visitors can tour the home and its beautifully manicured gardens, which feature a variety of flora and fauna.
2. Explorations in Antiquity Center: History buffs won’t want to miss this unique museum, which showcases life in Biblical times. Exhibits include replica artifacts, an indoor archaeological dig site, and a life-size replica of a first-century village.
3. Bellevue Mansion: Built in 1853, this historic mansion offers visitors a glimpse into the elegant lifestyle of the Antebellum South. Guided tours are available, and visitors can also explore the beautiful gardens and grounds.
4. LaGrange Art Museum: This small but impressive museum features works by both local and nationally renowned artists. With a variety of rotating exhibits, there’s always something new and exciting to see.
5. West Point Lake: Outdoor enthusiasts will love spending time on the shores of West Point Lake, which boasts over 500 miles of shoreline and plenty of opportunities for fishing, boating, and hiking.
In addition to these attractions, LaGrange also offers a variety of dining and shopping options, as well as numerous parks and recreational opportunities. Whether you’re a history buff, outdoor enthusiast, or simply looking for a charming place to relax and unwind, LaGrange, Georgia has something for everyone.